X-ray Technician Job Duties mainly include conducting X-rays of different parts of the body and preparing the X-ray reports of the patients. There are a number of other small tasks that an X-ray technician needs to handle during the process of taking the X-rays and drafting reports and these are mentioned below in detail. It is essential to have a sound knowledge about various machines and equipments used for taking X-rays. These professionals are mostly employed at hospitals, nursing homes and X-ray centers.
X-ray Technician Job Duties
- X-ray Technician is required to conduct X-rays for various parts of the body.
- X-ray Technician needs to calm the patients before taking the X-rays.
- X-ray Technician is required to give instructions to staff members assisting in getting the X-ray done.
- X-ray Technician needs to ensure that the machines and equipments used for conducting X-ray are appropriately adjusted at the time of taking the X-ray.
- X-ray Technician is also required to see to it that the X-ray machines and equipments are maintained appropriately after conducting X-ray.
- X-ray Technician needs to stay updated with the latest technological advancements in this field.
- X-ray Technician is required to ensure that the X-ray room is kept clean and tidy and that the X-ray is conducted under proper hygienic conditions.
- X-ray Technician needs to maintain a record of the X-rays conducted by him.
- X-ray Technician is required to prepare X-ray reports in the lab.
- X-ray Technician needs to give the X-ray report to the patients and also guide them on the problem that has occurred in their body.
- X-ray Technician may provide assistance to the physicians in reading the X-ray reports.
- X-ray Technician needs to ensure that the X-ray reports are prepared on time.
- X-ray Technician is required to suggest if any more tests or X-ray is required to diagnose the health condition of a person.