A warehouse worker is an individual who has to receive, store, document and deliver materials and products in the warehouse. They sometimes have to place shipping orders of products to the customers. It is the responsibility of the warehouse worker to ensure proper transportation of the good from the warehouse and they should possess good driving skills as they have to drive trucks or vans.
An individual working at this position should possess excellent coordination and documentation skills and should have the ability to maintain warehouse equipments. Various warehouse worker job duties are mentioned below:
Warehouse Worker Job Duties
- Warehouse worker is required to process orders and prepare requests for a warehouse.
- Warehouse worker is required to pull materials, pack boxes in the warehouse. They may also have to place orders on the delivery area.
- Warehouse worker is required to complete the delivery process by driving a truck or van. They have to collect and also deliver the products from and to the vendors.
- Warehouse worker is required to maintain the trucks or vans used for the purpose of delivery. If the trucks or the vans need repair they have to make arrangements for it.
- Warehouse worker is required to control inventory by collection of stock location orders and taking request for printing.
- Warehouse worker is required to maintain the quality of service by adhering to the organization standards.
- Warehouse worker is required to ensure that the warehouse has a clean and safe work environment. They have to arrange the shelves, maintain the supply area and keep the workstations neat. They have to do all these by following the procedures, rules and regulations.
- Warehouse worker is required to maintain reports of the warehouse by entering necessary information.
- Warehouse worker is required to load and unload materials from trucks or delivery vans.