A warehouse supervisor plays an important role in managing all the activities in a warehouse. They have to carry out the job duties of maintaining inventory and supplies that they received. They also have store and deliver these inventory and supplies, secure the warehouse and supervise the staff. The training of the warehouse workers is sometimes carried out by warehouse supervisors.
A warehouse supervisor also has to take interview and hire warehouse workers. It is necessary for a warehouse supervisor to possess excellent management skills and ability to resolve problems. They should be aware about all the work functions of a warehouse.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Duties
- Warehouse supervisor is required to accomplish the human resource objective of the warehouse by conducting interview and recruiting warehouse employees whenever required.
- Warehouse supervisor is required to provide training, coaching and counseling to warehouse employees. They also have to assign and schedule them work and communicate job expectations.
- Warehouse supervisor is required to ensure that the operational standards of the warehouse are met by doing strategic planning and executing them. They also have to implement production, quality, customer service standards and productivity.
- Warehouse supervisor is required to ensure that the financial standards of the warehouse are met by providing annual budget information. They also have to monitor the expenditures, identify variances and implement rectifying actions.
- Warehouse supervisor is required to move the inventory to and from the warehouse and coordinate with various departments regarding inventory transfers.
- Warehouse supervisor is required to deliver supplies to departments.
- Warehouse supervisor is required to maintain a storage area by adhering to principles of storage designs and recommend improvements.
- Warehouse supervisor is required to conduct physical counts, reconcile variances and input date in order to maintain inventory.
- Warehouse supervisor is required to ensure that the warehouse is secured.