A warehouse officer is an important link in the entire supply chain process. He/she is responsible for seeing and managing the storage, receipt, value added servicing and dispatch of many types of goods and services which are produced by the company or organisation for which he/she works for.
Every manufacturing company needs to hire a warehouse officer who is responsible for fulfilling many warehouse related duties and responsibilities. They ensure that productivity is upto the mark and well organized. To know more about the job duties of a warehouse officer, please read the following given points.
Warehouse Officer Job Duties
- A warehouse officer directs and instructs the team members to ensure that the stocks are shelved and the inventory is being properly transferred.
- It is the job duty of a warehouse officer to maintain accurate inventory levels and lead the entire team of warehouse workers.
- Another duty of a warehouse officer is to ensure that the productivity targets are met. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that the labor management system is being properly managed and handled.
- A warehouse officer is also required to operate automated storage and retrieval systems.
- The duty of a warehouse officer also includes overseeing the health and safety aspect of the warehouse and take responsibility of the security of the stock as well as the warehouse building.
- It is the duty of a warehouse officer to deal with personnel issues like the training of new employees, the recruitment of employees and maintaining the discipline among the workers.
- Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily basis is another important and vital duty of a person working as a warehouse officer in a company or an organisation.
- Another duty of the warehouse officer is to visit customers and monitor the quality of services that they are receiving.