A warehouse manager is the most important person in a warehouse. His job duty is to organize safe as well as efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of warehouse goods. The have to process orders and also sometimes operate machines in the warehouse. The budget of the warehouse is also managed by the warehouse manager. Sometimes they may have to carry out the training, supervision and appraisal of staff.
The stock control is also administered by a warehouse manager. It is necessary that a warehouse manager possess excellent managerial skills and have the ability to manage a group of people.
Warehouse Manager Job Duties
- Warehouse manager is required to maintain, receive, and distribute operations. They do so by initiating, implementing as well as coordinating personnel, operational and program policies and procedures.
- Warehouse manager is required to comply with material handling, warehousing and requirements of shipping by taking into account existing as well as new legislation. They also have to advice the management on the required action.
- Warehouse manager is required to safeguard the operations of the warehouse and its contents by overseeing and implementing security policies and procedures.
- Warehouse manager is required to devise new layouts of design for the warehouse, inspect the equipments, issue work orders for repairing.
- Warehouse manager is required to prepare the annual budget of the warehouse in order to achieve the financial objectives.
- Warehouse manager is required to complete all the operational requirements of the warehouse by scheduling and assigning work to the warehouse employees and following up with the result of the work.
- Warehouse manager is required to recruit, select and train employees.
- Warehouse manager is required to attend workshops, review publications and establish personal networks.
- Warehouse manager is required to add to the team effort by completing the related results.