A waitress is a lady who attends a table in a hotel or a restaurant and takes orders. She is a professional who takes orders of fooding from the customers and forwards them to the kitchen. She brings the prepared food and receives payments and forwards them to the cash manager. A waitress should have polite behavior and good communication skills. She should be polite and cordial to the customers as her appearance will affect a lot.
Waitress Job Duties
- Collected payments and bills of the customers.
- Served food, beverages according to their orders and ensured proper services to them.
- Promoted new menu additions and reminded them of the specialties of the day.
- Ensured proper service maintenance by the other fellow waiter and waitresses.
- Prepared food preparation duties like preparing final garnishing of dishes, beverages etc.
- Ensured tables managing and proper services
- Handled customer visits and helped selecting dishes and special menus.
- Evaluated pricing for the dishes and made suggestions.
- Helped in increasing sales by promoting drinks, appetizers and salads.
- Arranged the dining facilities and arrangements, cleaned the tables and dining arrangements.
- Made corrections in case of wrong order supplies.