Upstream Electrical Engineer Duties
The job duty of an electrical engineer is to design electrical equipments or components or systems for offshore, deepwater oil and gas facilities. His duty is to perform with detailed calculations and compute and establish the construction and installation standards and required specifications. He will have to make field surveys and study the diagrams and correct the power system problems.
Job Duties of an Upstream Electrical Engineer
- His basic job duty is to design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical equipment, facilities, components, and systems for industrial facilities.
- He will have to do inspection and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- It is his job duty to inspect completed installations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- He will have to prepare specifications and datasheets for purchase of materials and equipment and oversee design efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- He will have to study in detail the technical drawings and see the specifications of the systems installed just to make sure that all operations are going on as per the requirements of the customer.
- If necessary, he may have to use design software and equipments in computer to perform his tasks more efficiently.