Ultrasound Technicians make use of diagnostic imaging to assist the physicians in diagnosing various ailments and monitoring the fetus development. They use sonograph to develop images. It is essential to acquire relevant educational qualification in order to work as an Ultrasound Technician. One must also undergo a formal training and learn how to perform this task.
Ultrasound Technician Job Duties
- Ultrasound Technicians operate Sonographic scanners in order to create images of a patient’s internal organs.
- They view the sound waves and frequencies in different parts of the human body by the help of Sonography equipments.
- They explain the ultrasound procedure to the patients before conducting the process. It is essential for them to interact with the patients to clarify their doubts about the procedure and make them feel comfortable.
- They need to program the scanner for carrying out the ultra sound procedure appropriately.
- Ultrasound Technicians are required to adjust the scanner in order to obtain the correct image.
- They make a video recording of the ultrasound images.
- They check and decide as to which still image should be captured and shown to the physician so that they can diagnose the exact medical issue.
- They conduct obstetric and gynaecologic ultrasound to trace the development of fetus.
- Ultrasound Technicians also carry out the neurological (brain) sonography
- Their task may also involve performing breast and heart sonography as well.
- They handle the Sonography equipments and maintain them.
- They help the patients in positioning so that appropriate images can be formed.
- Ultrasound Technicians maintain a record of the Ultrasounds conducted along with the details about the patients.