A truck driver is a person who is appointed to drive a truck by a private company, public transport system or a governmental organisation. Truck drivers must be capable of handling the huge mass and weight of the truck or lorry and must be expert drivers with the knowledge of the various traffic or driving rules and regulations. Any person holding a truck driver’s driving license is eligible to be a truck driver. Given below is a list of the job duties of a truck driver.
Truck Driver Job Duties:
- A truck driver’s job might not be as simple as it may seem. The duties of a truck driver include ensuring the safety of the cargo or truck along with the safety of the load carried in the truck from one place to another.
- A truck driver must be well versed with the repair and maintenance of a truck as he may be required to perform these tasks on a regular basis.
- A truck driver’s foremost duty is to get the orders loaded in his truck while taking care of the fact that the entire order is loaded carefully in the truck.
- He must maintain a log or report of the particular order and transport it to the given address with full care and responsibility.
- A truck driver must drive the truck with responsibility and must be punctual so that no order gets delayed.
- A truck driver’s job duties only include unloading of the order at the destination and keeping a check of the item’s unloaded.