A travelling nurse is a nurse who is basically required to take care of homebound patients and assists those who cannot visit the hospital due to some disease. A travelling nurse has to travel from one location to another and provide nursing and medical services as per the orders or directions of the doctors. A travelling nurse might also have to go from hospital to schools and other clinics so as to provide medical assistance.
If you want to know about the other job duties of a travelling nurse, then the following given information would be useful for you.
Sample Travelling Nurse Job Duties
- The first and foremost duty of a travelling nurse is to visit the homes of homebound patients and provide them with every possible medical assistance.
- A travelling nurse is also required to prepare nutrition-specific meals for the homebound patients and help them to recover by all means possible.
- It is the job duty of a travelling nurse to prepare progress reports of patients and present them to the doctors for further directions and instructions.
- Another job duty of a travelling nurse is to report back at the hospital or medical facility after completing duty time at the house of the homebound patients.
- A Travelling nurse is also required to teach the family members of the patients to take care of them in the absence of the nurse or any other medical staff.
- Another job related duty of a person working as a travelling nurse is to follow up the medical procedures after the surgery of the patient.
- A travelling nurse may also be required to provide physical therapies to the patients.
- It is the job duty of a travelling nurse to visit schools, clinics and other places to impart medical related education and knowledge.