The job of a travel photographer is indeed quite interesting. He/ She is expected to travel to different places across the globe in order to take pictures of places, events, people, etc. These photographs are taken for advertising and marketing purposes and even for editorials. A travel photographer is expected to have a bachelor’s degree in photography.
Travel Photographer Job Duties
- Work on different photography projects.
- Travel to various places, at times even to remote locations to picture the beauty of the surroundings.
- Visit places such as forests, deserts, sea, etc and click unique photographs of plants, animals, landscape and people for magazines, travel books, posters, websites, brochures, etc.
- They also work in close association with the models, stylists and creative directors while photographing for an advertising client.
- They surf the internet and read books in order to find good locations for photography.
- They are expected to prepare properly for their trips. The preparations include reading and finding information about the place they are going to visit and the scope of photography at that place.
- It is very essential for these photographers to do a proper homework and find out as to which spots at that particular place are worth shooting and at what time so that they can plan how to and when to reach that place.
- Prepare a list of equipments that may be required during photography.
- Prepare shoot schedules for the best utilization of time.
- After reaching the place where the shooting is to be done, they locate the things that are worth shooting and then set angels for taking the photographs.