Travel general managers usually run a travel agency or work in the travel department of a firm. His duties involve managing all the travel related tasks of his clients. These tasks include a number of things such as planning the trip, booking the travel tickets, arranging for accommodations, clarifying customer queries, etc.
Travel General Manager Job Duties
- Planning travel packages for different locations both domestic as well as international.
- Developing different packages for various categories of people.
- Arranging for travel tickets as per the customer’s budget
- Arranging for accommodations in the best possible hotel or resort as per the client’s budget and requirements.
- Exploring newer business opportunity to keep pace with the travel industry
- Meeting the travel groups at the starting points and explaining them about the travel arrangement and the entire travel plan
- Arranging for visa and other essential documents if the clients are going for a foreign trip
- At times, the travel general managers even accompany the travel groups on holidays.
- Informing the clients about the various places for site seeing and also about the culture, customs and people of the place they are visiting.
- Ensuring that all the arrangements are planned and implemented efficiently so that the clients do not face any issues while on holiday
- Clarifying the queries of the clients and giving them proper suggestions on their travel related issues.
- Writing reports and maintaining record about the various travel activities
- Visiting various hotels and restaurants of different places in order to find out about the standard of living at those places so that they can provide a clear picture about the same to the clients