Travel Consultant Duties
The job duties of a travel consultant are helping the customers in various travel related matters. The services include a wide variety of issues like planning the itineraries and arranging hotel rooms and other allied things related to that travel. It is very essential for them to communicate with their customers to know what destination they prefer and what mode of transport they prefer to use.
Job Duties of a Travel Consultant
- He will have to provide the customers with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, and special events occurring in various locations, or foreign country regulations, such as consular requirements and currency limitations.
- He is expected to help the customer in computing the cost of travel and accommodation and inform the customers about the various hotel costs, package tours, etc.
- He will also collect the payment from the customers for the bookings made by them through the company.
- While selling the tour packages, he needs to understand the need of the customer and sell the tour packages accordingly. He must know the incentives offered by various travel companies and use them strategically to increase the business of the company.
- He will have to do hotel and air ticket booking, using the telephones and the computer terminal.