A Travel Administrator is required to make arrangements for a traveller’s transportation and accommodation. A person seeking this position must hold a degree or diploma in travel and tourism and have a thorough knowledge about the subject. It is also essential to hold a relevant experience in this field in order to become a Travel Administrator.
Travel Administrator Job Duties
- A Travel Administrator is expected to research about the various travel options and offer the best deal to his client.
- He is required to book air tickets or arrange for ground transportation for his client.
- He is also responsible for arranging the best possible accommodation for his client, keeping their budget and other essential requirements in mind.
- He may even be required to visit some destinations before scheduling a trip. A Travel Administrator may visit these places to inspect about the accommodation and other facilities at the place.
- A Travel Administrator may have to travel to a destination to provide help to his clients, in case any problem arises.
- He must have appropriate knowledge about flight regulations.
- He must guide his clients about the trip by giving them all the essential information regarding the trip. A Travel Administrator must also provide travel tips to the clients.
- He must always be available to address his client’s issues, while they are on the move.
- He must have good communication skills so that he is able to convey the correct information to the client.
- A Travel Administrator must also have problem-solving ability and be ready to help his clients if need arises.