A transportation security officer is an offer who is employed at some kind of a transportation facility such as an airport, metro station, railway station or bus station etc and is responsible for checking and inspecting the passengers, their baggage, cargos etc to ensure that no one or no item or suspicious nature enters the facility and proves to be of threat. A transportation security officer must be trained to handle security matters and should be aware of the latest security related technology.
If you want to know about the various job duties of a transportation security officer, then please read the following given part of the article:
Sample Transportation Security Officer Job Duties
- One of the main job duties of a transportation security officer is to check the baggage, cargos and other equipments that are being transported from one place to another to ensure that no suspicious items are being allowed.
- Another duty of a transportation security officer is to make sure that the security equipments are in proper working order and condition and no unwanted items or suspicious passengers go on board.
- It is the duty of a transportation security to check for hazardous materials and avoid them from being taken on the flight or railway.
- They also have to identify those passengers who have the potential to cause some kind of problem or issue on board. This can be done by observing behavior of passengers and their activities.
- Another job duty of a transportation security officer is to check passenger identification and their tickets.
- A transportation security officer is also required to use equipments such as metal detectors, security cameras, x-ray devices and explosive trace detectors.
- It is the duty of a transportation security officer to assist passengers with their queries and special requirements.