A Transportation Security Inspector is expected to maintain the security for various transportation systems. These may include the security at railways, airports, bus stands, seaports and highways. Their responsibility is to ensure the safety and security of the transportation infrastructure. A Transportation Security Inspector needs to remain alert at all times and help in avoiding any unpleasant activity that may hamper peace.
Transportation Security Inspector Job Duties
- Transportation Security Inspectors need to follow safety protocols in order to ensure the safety of people while they are on the move.
- They need to ensure that the goods transported from one place to another reach safely.
- Their work profile involves figuring out the potential security threats and working accordingly in order to eradicate any possible threat.
- Transportation Security Inspectors must ensure that there are no security violations. They need to respond quickly if anyone is seen violating the security.
- They are required to carry out civil investigations.
- Transportation Security Inspectors need to gather and enter data and evidences that may be useful during inspections and investigations.
- They need to evaluate the security protocols from time to time and appeal to improve and enhance these protocols.
- Transportation Security Inspectors must see to it that hazardous materials are transported safely from one place to another.
- They need to ensure that all the set security norms are adhered to.
- Transportation Security Inspectors must be able to handle and operate the security equipments efficiently.
- They are required to work in hectic schedules and in different shifts. Transportation Security Inspectors need to be ready to offer security services at all times.