Tour Guide Duties
A tour guide is someone who someone who manages, coordinates and makes updates about the tour. His work may begin from the planning stage of the tour until the time of the tour itself and could extend until after the tour. The tour guide is expected to be knowledgeable with regards to the tour destinations and some of its history. He is also expected to be a good coordinator and manager of all the activities during the tour to make the tourist enjoy the activity to the max. He should be able to answer questions and work and decide on matters relevant to the tour and the tour group.
Tour Guide Job Duties
- Guide the visitors from abroad or home country in their chosen language about the culture and natural heritage of the place.
- Plan and schedule the destination and venues of interesting places to go.
- Convey information of the places the tourist is visiting.
- Ensure that there is a medical kit or first aid kit.
- Protect the tourist in all aspects during the period of their touring.
- Warmly greet and register visitors, and issue any required identification badges or safety devices.
- Select the travel routes or area to be visited by the tourist.
- Speak foreign languages in order to communicate well with visitors, especially foreigners