Test automation engineer’s job duties involve participation in the automation activities, tools selection, execution of the automation tools etc. A test automation engineer should have automation testing experience with a bachelor degree in any of the circuit branches.
They should have capabilities to test the business products, and understand the applications that are built to suit the business needs. Test automation engineer has to coordinate with system analyst and quality analyst teams to identify the needs, and develop the tools accordingly.
Test Automation Engineer Job Duties
- Has to work with different testing tools that are latest in the industry and should keep them abreast with industrial developments.
- Capable to build tools with respect to the need and requirements of the industrial team, understanding the use of the tool.
- Should get involved in testing in a multi tiered architecture.
- Has to handle software requirements efficiently, and come up with different operational and execution methodologies.
- Has to troubleshoot the problems, quickly and reduce the rework.
- Have to coordinate with the QA team and work on the tools, based on the input from the team.
- Come up with tools to reduce manual effort and achieve hundred percent error free outputs.
- Should reduce the time consumption by coming up with innovative ideas, for testing.
- Should be capable of building a strong team in testing architectures and frame works.
- Has to come up with soft ware tools that will revolutionize the market and improve the reach in market.
- Has to train team of engineers, both on shore and off shore on the latest testing tools.
- Organize knowledge transfer and sharing sessions to educate team.
- Has to be dynamic, focusing on innovations and improvements with respect to tools and process.
- Should test and release commercial software testing applications, using agile approach.