The primary job of a telemarketer is to solicit orders for services or merchandise by contacting customers via telephone call. A telemarketer identifies prospective customers by reading telephone directories or other listings and calls them up through proper telecommunications equipment. A telemarketer then tries to influence the prospective customer to buy a product by giving the necessary product information. Some of the telemarketer job duties are listed below.
Telemarketer Job Duties:
- A telemarketer delivers a well-prepared sales talk to the customer to sell him on a product or a service. They do this by reading from scripts which provide all necessary information pertinent to the product or service.
- A telemarketer contacts business organizations or business related private individuals to solicit sales for certain products or services—or to ask them to donate to some charitable cause.
- A telemarketer explains any information pertaining to the product to the customer—such as the various services offered, warranty and prices.
- A telemarketer notes down customer information such as name, address and his method of payment and enters his orders into a computer.
- A telemarketer stays in touch with the prospective customers contacted earlier and informs about the lucrative orders and services, thereby maintaining a clean communicative trail.
- A telemarketer looks to a diverse number of sources for obtaining prospective customers, ranging from a telephone directory to magazine reply cards to lists obtained from other organizations.
- A telemarketer may edit and make changes to the sales script to better appeal to his prospective customers.
- A telemarketer answers calls from customers who might have been solicited via advertisements
- A telemarketer’s job is not finished at the customer itself. Any correspondence of a successful prospect may be followed up on via telephone or letters.
- A telemarketer schedules appointments to set up meetings between sales representatives and prospective customers and urges prospects to attend sales presentations.