A telecom billing analyst is an employee of a telecommunications company or organisation who is employed to look after the various billing related tasks and job duties. This job may require the applicant to be atleast a college degree holder with special interests in accounts. The job of a telecom billing analyst is to collaborate information obtained from the IT department and accounting department and perform error checking and analytic tasks on the same. Given below are a few of the job duties of a telecom billing analyst job duties.
Telecom billing analyst job duties:
- A telecom billing analyst may be require to perform audits on a periodic basis to ensure integrity throughout the telecom procedures.
- It comes within the duty domain of a telecom billing analyst investigate telecom usage charges of various customers with the help of the invoices provided to them.
- They are responsible for preparing monthly invoice analysis and validation.
- A telecom billing analyst also requires getting approval on all land and long distance wireless accounts.
- They are also required to perform complex analysis of the invoices so as to identify and rectify errors and mistakes for opportunity of sales.
- They are required to maintain a telecom inventory database reconcile it to the invoicing.
- A telecom billing analyst must also present the various escalation issues, status reports and the findings to the respective manager of telecom billing department of the company.
- They are responsible for getting data from accounts department to merge it with information obtained from the IT department.