A technology teacher is an individual who is responsible for teaching students in an educational institution any subject related to the field of technology. They play an important role in providing knowledge in the field of technology to the students. The various subjects taught by a technology teacher include computer science, electrical, mechanical communication technology, design fundamentals, construction technology etc.
The teacher has to ensure that the curriculum or syllabus is completed within a certain academic year and they have to set question papers for the examinations as well. It is necessary that a technology teacher possesses excellent technical skills and knowledge. The job duties of a technology teacher are mentioned below.
Technology Teacher Job Duties
- Technology teacher is required to provide technology education to the students so that it helps to develop the skills and knowledge of the students
- Technology has to set the syllabus of a certain semester and ensure that it is completed before the semester ends.
- Technology teacher has to clear all the doubts and queries of the students.
- Technology teacher is required to plan education programs in technology that involve demonstrations, lectures and student experiments.
- Technology teacher is required to instruct students regarding procedures of handling equipments safely.
- Technology teacher is required to set the questions papers for exams of a technical subject.
- Technology teacher is required to prepare report cards of students, maintain attendance records and other documents.
- Technology teacher is required to collaborate with other members of school staff and parents in order to achieve academic excellence.
- Technology teacher is required to keep a track of the progress of the students.
- Technology teacher is required to ensure that students follow the policies and procedures of the educational institution.
- Technology teacher is required to maintain the decorum of the class.