Technical Sales Job Duties mainly include selling technical products to the customers by providing them complete information and convincing them on the use of these products. Apart from this, there are various other job duties assigned to a Technical Sales personnel; these are discussed below in detail. It is essential to undergo a relevant technical course in order to get into this position.
Though one does not require any work experience to get into this position certain employers may ask for it. One must also have a sound technical knowledge, good communication skills and the ability to convince others in order to handle this position well.
Technical Sales Job Duties
- Technical Sales personnel are required to deal with the scientific and technical products and services. They are required to sell such products to the public.
- Technical Sales personnel need to provide all the information related to these products and services to the customers and convince them to purchase them.
- Technical Sales personnel need to conduct meetings with the prospective customers in order to discuss about these products with them.
- Technical Sales personnel may be required to give demonstration for the products they are selling.
- Technical Sales personnel are required to visit the customers and may even be required to handle the customers who visit their shop.
- Technical Sales personnel need to prepare plans and strategies to promote such products.
- Technical Sales personnel may be involved in preparing marketing campaigns for these products.
- Technical Sales personnel are required to understand the number of sales expected from them in a week or month and work towards achieving the same.
- Technical Sales personnel need to have complete information about the products and services they are selling. They must also stay updated with the latest schemes and offers being given on these products.
- Technical Sales personnel prepare sales reports and submit them regularly.