Teacher assistant job duties include helping the teachers in performing a number of tasks such as maintaining discipline in the classroom, grooming the students, teaching lessons to the students, preparing education programs, monitoring the performance of the students, etc.
A teacher assistant may be hired to assist one or more teachers and is required to follow the instructions of the teachers they are working under. The main of hiring teacher assistant is to slower the burden of the teachers to some extent and groom the students more efficiently.
Teacher Assistant Job Duties
- Teacher Assistant is required to assist the teachers in preparing study programs for the students.
- Teacher Assistant needs to help the teachers in implementing these programs.
- Teacher Assistant may also be required to assess the performance of the study programs implemented by them.
- Teacher Assistant needs help the teachers in maintaining discipline among the students.
- Teacher Assistant may be required to teach the students in the absence of the teacher.
- Teacher Assistant is required to assist the teachers in grooming the students by inculcating good habit in them.
- Teacher Assistant is required to help individual students in understanding and learning the lessons.
- Teacher Assistant may be required to maintain a record of the student’s attendance.
- Teacher Assistant may even be required to take the necessary personal details of the students and put them in their file.
- Teacher Assistant needs to help the teachers in encouraging the students to participate in the classroom sessions as well as in extra curricular activities.
- Teacher Assistant in association with the teachers is required to look for new ways to make the class room teaching more interesting
- Teacher Assistant may be required to help the students in preparing their assignments.
- Teacher Assistant may be required to check the test papers under the supervision of the teachers.