Surgical Nurse Job Duties include assisting the doctors during surgeries, taking care of the patients during the pre-surgical and recovery periods. Surgical Nurse needs to have complete knowledge about the use of surgical tools and equipments. It is essential to acquire a relevant degree from an accredited nursing school and also a formal training in handling the tasks of a surgical nurse in order to get into this position. Having a relevant work experience helps in handling the position even more efficiently.
Surgical Nurse Job Duties
- Surgical Nurse needs to assist doctors during surgeries.
- Surgical Nurse is required to take care of the patients during pre-surgical stage as well as during their recovery period.
- Surgical Nurse needs to ensure that these patients take the right dosage of medicine on time.
- Surgical Nurse is required to work in erratic shifts for taking care of the patients.
- Surgical Nurse needs to help these patients in brushing and taking bath. If the patient is not in a condition to take bath then the surgical nurse is required to sponge him/ her.
- Surgical Nurse is required to help the patients in changing their clothes and dressing up.
- Surgical Nurse is required to ensure that the patients take their meals on time.
- Surgical Nurse is involved in providing post surgical therapies to the patients.
- Surgical Nurse is required to monitor the patient’s weight, blood pressure and body temperature on a daily basis and maintain a record of the same.
- Surgical Nurse needs to prepare the patients for the surgery.
- Surgical Nurse is required to make the patients sit on wheel chair or place them on the stretcher and take them from the ward to the operation theatre.
- Surgical Nurse needs to help the patients in speedy recovery.
- Surgical Nurse is required to give information related to the surgery to the patient’s relatives.