Special Education Assistants Job Duties include helping the special education teachers in educating the disabled children. They basically act as a support for these teachers while they teach these children and involve them in other activities. Special Education Assistants follow the instructions of the special education teachers and try to create the best possible atmosphere for these children
Special Education Assistants Job Duties
- Special Education Assistants help the special education teachers or trainers in their work.
- They help the teachers in segregating the students with similar disabilities and conduct special classes for them.
- The students are also segregated in order to involve them into different activities based on their disabilities.
- Special Education Assistants need to be innovative as they are required to come up with newer activities to engage these students and help them learn new things.
- They are required to follow the instructions of the special education teachers.
- They are required to work as per the guidelines set by the school or the educational institute they are working for.
- Special Education Assistants provide help to the special education students even during the classroom sessions.
- They may help the students in various learning activities.
- They help the teachers in planning the lessons.
- Special Education Assistants are also involved in assisting the teachers in grooming these students.
- They are also required to attend the students in case there is any physical need.
- Special Education Assistants help the special education teachers in creating the right kind of atmosphere for the students to learn and grow.