A Software developer is someone who is responsible for writing the computer programs, developing advanced applications for mobile phones and computers. Software developers help organizations achieve goals by providing them with software based solutions.
Software developers contribute to a company’s business growth by recommending and developing software systems which can enhance the work procedure of the company and therefore increasing efficiency. Software developers should be innovative, self-motivated with a strong knowledge base.
They also need to have strong analytical and research skills. They should have the specific technical training. A software developer is required to have good communication, presentation and multi-tasking skills.
Software Developer Job Duties
- Software developers need to design and implement software systems, which can contribute to the company’s growth.
- Software developers are responsible for creating a user friendly interface for their customers.
- Software developers need to create a secured and robust application which is not prone to threats.
- Software developers are responsible for designing a robust backend, and integrating it with the frontend design.
- Software developers need to design and maintain database of the software.
- Software developers are responsible for maintaining and managing the existing software structures.
- Software developers are required to provide technical assistance to the software users and troubleshooting their problems.
- Software developers are responsible for upgrading the software when the need arises.
- Software developers are responsible for testing the software and resolving the defects before implementing it.
- Software developers are required to give the basic software related training to the end-users.
- They are responsible for preparing manuals for the end-users and their direct customers.
- They need maintaining coordination with the design team.
- Software developers need to recommend changes to improve the software and keeping them updated.
- Testing, checking and upgrading software from time to time.