Shippers are required to maintain a record of all the goods that have been shipped and received. In order to get into this position one needs to have a graduation degree. One must also have knowledge about working on computers and be efficient in handling other office equipments. The organization that hires a Shipper provides formal training to him before starting with the work.
Shipper Job Duties
- A Shipper is required to analyze content and check with the shipment standards set by his company in order to ensure the correctness of the incoming and outgoing shipments.
- He needs to prepare work order document.
- A Shipper prepares the bills of lading and shipping orders in order to direct the material appropriately.
- He is required to plan the shipping procedures for the material to be shipped.
- He must possess thorough knowledge about various shipping activities in order to carry out the tasks efficiently.
- A Shipper needs to record the shipment data which includes the size, weight and shape of the material to be shipped.
- He is required to keep a record of the charges involved in the shipment.
- He must keep a record of the damages and discrepancies caused during the shipment for accounting purpose.
- A Shipper issues shipping instructions to the carrier representatives so that the process can be carried out appropriately.
- He needs to use hand tools, power tools and other such devices to pack the shipping material.
- A Shipper is required to label and stick postage on the shipping material so that the shipment can be delivered at the appropriate place.