Shelter Director Duties
First of all, you need to have a good communication skill, as you will have to effectively communicate with a large number of constituencies which include the Board of Directors, the salaried staff, the large volunteer workforce, the current and the expected donors and representatives of other animal care organizations.
Job duties of a Shelter Director
- You will have to see that individualized animal care is taking place and must give stress on quality and excellent customer service.
- You need to show managerial abilities and will be involved in the recruitment of staff and developing them.
- You will also give ideas on new urban sheltering ideas and see that whether they can be implemented. You must have some operational knowledge of implementing those ideas as they may be implemented in the future.
- You may also have to see that all the animals need to be in good health and it will be better if you have got some idea of the remedial care of animals.
- You will also have to see that all animal vaccines and medications are given as per norms. You will have to supervise that all activities are taking place as per the local animal care laws and ordinances.