Sharepoint Administrator Job Duties include the maintenance and administration of various hardware and software systems. In order to get into this position one must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and relevant work experience. Since the role requires coordinating with different departments, the employers seek a candidate who possesses good inter-personal skills.
Sharepoint Administrator Job Duties
- A Sharepoint Administrator’s work involves maintaining and troubleshooting enterprise wide systems.
- He needs to take back-up for this system.
- He is required to handle the implementation and administration of regional portal solutions.
- A Sharepoint Administrator needs to categorize and interpret the technical requirements and work upon them
- He is involved in training the junior staff involved in these technical activities
- He is also involved in overseeing the work done by his subordinates and providing them feedback to ensure better quality work next time
- A Sharepoint Administrator needs to manage the total delivery of all the portal solutions to the firm. This may involve blueprint, designing, testing and training support.
- He must work as the portal administrator for share point solution.
- He must ensure that all the tasks are completed as per the company guidelines.
- He must maintain all the necessary documents and reports related to the sharepoint administration tasks.
- He also needs to review the reports in order to check the scope of improvement and work upon including newer ways of handling these tasks for the betterment of the company.
- Understand the requirements of the clients and work accordingly to reach to the desired results.