A service engineer provides services to the various machineries used in large industries. They analyse and service the machinery and equipment that is worn out. Machinery is made out of iron and steel and undergoes natural wear and tear with course of time. Though there can be no possible way to stop the wear and tear, but there are ways to reduce the deterioration. Here comes the role of service engineers. The service engineers service the machine and equipment parts to reduce the deterioration and wearing. The service engineer after the modification to the machines and other service engineer job duties are given below.
Service Engineer Job Duties:
- Fully dismantling the machine and looking for damages in all parts, and checking functioning of the machine to ensure it gives desired level of output.
- Replenish fuels that are running low in the machines and oiling all its parts to reduce friction hence reducing premature wear and tear.
- Improving the overall functioning of the machines and studying the machine in detail so that they can further build on the existing platform of the machine as per the requirements of the company.
- Making a detailed report on the condition of the machine after the servicing and the next stipulated time of service.
- Ordering replacement parts in advance so that production process in manufacturing unit is not slowed down due to wear and tear.
- Reviewing each machine at standard intervals of time to ensure that a fault, if existing, can be detected and rectified so as to prevent a problem in future.
- Conduct safety checks on the machines to provide the workers a safety work environment.
- Work in teams and delegate work among them, so that work is not piled on a single personnel and follows a smooth continuity.