A School Superintendent is generally the head of the school. School Superintendent Job Duties include overseeing the school staff and ensuring that everyone is performing his duties efficiently. In order to get into this position one must possess years of experience in the education field and must also have good managerial skills.
School Superintendent Job Duties
- A School Superintendent is involved in taking all the major decisions of the school education system and other activities.
- He is involved in the hiring process of teachers. He may conduct an interview round with them or be present during the interview rounds while the Head of the Departments or senior teachers conduct them.
- He is involved in designing the curriculum for various classes.
- A School Superintendent is expected to ensure that the school decorum is maintained at all times.
- A School Superintendent and the school principal take collective decisions for the betterment of the school.
- He is involved in setting up school policies and procedures.
- A School Superintendent must ensure that all the school activities go on as per the set rules and regulations.
- He needs to see to it that all the staff members including the housekeeping staff, security guards and the administrative staff work appropriately.
- A School Superintendent’s approval is required for various activities including the purchase of school inventory.
- He discusses the salary structure of the new hires with the accounts department and provides inputs on the same. It is fixed only after his approval.
- He may conduct regular meetings with the staff members and discuss the scope of improvement.