School Guard Duties
The school guard is the partner of the school in ensuring the safety, well being and protection of each and every student, as well as all the staff and visitors. The school is also in charge of protecting the school property and utility. Being a school guard sometimes can be low-paying, but it covers a wide array of duties that must be accomplished and performed with minimal supervision as much as possible.
School Guard Job Duties
- Closely and actively monitor their assigned location and spot suspicious behavior and prevent problems including illegal activity.
- Guard entrances and exits and thoroughly screen people, students, faculties, school personnel and their packages to make sure no unauthorized item or people can enter the school premises.
- During emergencies, security guards are often responsible for directing the school people and students in the safe area, contacting emergency teams and attempting to determine the source of the problem.
- Protecting the school properties and facilities.
- Ensure security at all times within the vicinity of the school for the benefits of students and members of the school.
- Ensure peace and order in school vicinity.