Sales Executive Job Duties include acquiring new customers by selling them the company’s products and services. This is the main task of a sales executive, apart from this there are several other tasks that he is required to handle such as preparing sales reports, making sales strategies, etc. There is no specific educational requirement for becoming a sales executive. However, a Sales Executive should have a pleasing personality and the ability to convince others in order to handle this position well. Most employers also seek candidates having some relevant work experience.
Sales Executive Job Duties
- Sales Executive is required to meet the clients and sell the company’s products and services to them.
- Sales Executive needs to have knowledge about all the information related to the products and services of the company.
- Sales Executive is required to stay updated with the information about the latest discount schemes and special offers related to the company’s products and services.
- Sales Executive needs to find out about the schemes and offers being given by the competitors.
- Sales Executive is required to provide complete information related to the company’s products and services to the perspective as well as existing customers.
- Sales Executive needs to clarify any product related doubts of the customers.
- Sales Executive is required to work towards creating new and innovative methods for increasing the company’s sale and boosting the business.
- Sales Executive is required to prepare sales reports at the end of each day/week/month or quarter depending upon the instructions given by his supervisor.
- Sales Executive may be required to go out in the field to meet the clients and sell products to them or may be required to handle the customers who walk in to the store.
- Sales Executive is required to work as per the policies and procedures set by the senior company officials.