Sales Clerk job duties mainly include receiving the good supplies, completing the paper work related to the transactions made, reviewing and raising the invoices. There are a number of other job duties that a sales clerk is required to handle. All these duties are mentioned below in detail. One needs to have good communication skills and the ability to convince others in order to get into this position; having some relevant work experience in this field helps in handling this position efficiently.
Sales Clerk Job Duties
- Sales Clerk is required to receive the merchandise from the suppliers and ensure that it is stored appropriately for selling it to the retail customers.
- Sales Clerk needs to prepare the bill of the goods sold to the customers.
- Sales Clerk is required to ensure that the patients make the necessary payment.
- Sales Clerk needs to help the staff members in arranging the merchandise on the counter, shelves, tables and other places in the shop in order to grab the attention of the customers.
- Sales Clerk is required to label the merchandise appropriately; he needs to put the price tag and other essential details on each item.
- Sales Clerk is required to stamp the merchandise.
- Sales Clerk needs to help the customers in finding out the merchandise required by them.
- Sales Clerk is required to give information related to the merchandise’ price and other details asked for.
- Sales Clerk needs to clarify the customer’s doubts related to the merchandise.
- Sales Clerk needs to ensure that the invoice is cleared before the customer takes the merchandise out of the store.
- Sales Clerk is required to calculate the discounts being given on the items and communicate the effective price, after giving the discounts, to the customers.
- Sales Clerk needs to work as per the policies and procedures set by the senior company officials.