Retail Store Manager Duties
Being the manager of a retail store, you need to have excellent leadership qualities with wonderful decision making abilities. You need to be intuitive, knowledgeable and more customer-focused and is capable of taking the performance of the store to a new height. Being the leader, you must have the capacity to work under stress environments.
Job duties of a Retail store manager
- You will have to supervise the sales and service on the sales floor during the retail outlet opening hours. You must see that the success of the store comes as a team.
- You will be responsible for recruiting, developing, motivating and managing a very high performance team. You will also make a work plan of the team and set targets for them and supervise them on a regular basis.
- You will be responsible for the entire operations of the store and see that the back end of the store works at the same efficiency level as the front store.
- Try on your own and also encourage the sales staff to give strength on long term customer relationship. Your responsibility will be to see that same customers come back to the store again and again.
- You will also be responsible for P&L management of the store.