Retail Store clerk job duties include selling merchandise to the customers visiting their retail store. There are a number of other job duties that he is required to handle; these are mentioned below in detail. He is required to work under the guidance of a retail store manager. The hierarchy in certain bigger retail stores may differ and in such stores he may be required to report to the assistant store manager or store supervisor.
There is no specific educational requirement for a sales clerk. One may seek this position even after clearing the High school though some employers may ask for a graduation degree; having a relevant work experience acts as an added advantage.
Retail Store Clerk Job Duties
- Retail Store Clerk is required to ensure that the prices and other details of the products are labeled appropriately on each item.
- Retail Store Clerk is required to greet the customer with smile as they walk into the retail store.
- Retail Store Clerk needs to understand the customer’s requirement and provide them the product accordingly.
- Retail Store Clerk is also required to ask the customer about his budget and give them products as per the set budget.
- Retail Store Clerk
- Retail Store Clerk needs to convince the customers about the product and sell it to them.
- Retail Store Clerk needs to attain the sales targets set by the manager/ supervisor at the retail store.
- Retail Store Clerk is required to give good customer service to the customers.
- Retail Store Clerk needs to assist the store manager and other staff members at the retail store in carrying out various tasks.
- Retail Store Clerk is required to maintain a record of the sales made at the retail store and share it with the senior authorities at the store.
- Retail Store Clerk needs to find out ways to enhance the sales at the retail store.