Retail Stocker job duties include receiving the merchandise from the suppliers, sorting it and arranging it systematically so that it is available for use whenever required. Retail Stockers are required in almost every industry. They need to stock both perishable as well as non perishable items depending upon the industry they are working with. It is essential for them to ensure that the goods are stored safely and securely.
They need to give special attention to the items that are breakable and those that carry an expiry date. There are a number of other job duties that he needs to carry out. These are discussed below in detail.
Retail Stocker Job Duties
- Retail Stocker is required to help in the loading and unloading of the products from the trucks, carts, etc.
- Retail Stocker is required to receive goods from the suppliers and sign the receipt on checking that the material provided by them is as per the order placed.
- Retail Stocker is required to ensure that all the paper work related to the sale and purchase of goods is completed appropriately on time.
- Retail Stocker needs to offer good customer service to the clients.
- Retail Stocker needs to ensure that all the tasks are carried out as per the company norms.
- Retail Stocker is required to ensure that the goods are labeled properly so that it is not difficult to locate them.
- Retail Stocker needs to ensure that the goods at the retail store are kept clean and tidy.
- Retail Stocker is required to ensure that the merchandise is placed in such a way in the retail store so that it looks attractive.
- Retail Stocker needs to move the merchandise within the store.
- Retail Stocker is required to stay updated with the information related to the various products being offered at the retail store.