A recreation supervisor is one who is in charge of the recreation programs in a hospitality industry or club. The candidate should have good planning and organizing skills to perform well on the job. As the work of a recreation supervisor is very challenging the candidate should have good stamina and willing to work for long hours when necessary. Besides this, the candidate should have good hearing and vision to fulfill job duties properly. The list of recreation supervisor job duties is mentioned below:
Recreation Supervisor Job Duties
- In charge of planning and organizing recreational programs and events.
- Build proper schedules for the recreation programs so that they are completed on time and within the fixed time schedule.
- Ensure to meet all the policies and procedures as stipulated by the management while undertaking recreational programs without any deviation.
- Identify the resources that are necessary for undertaking the recreational programs well in advance so as to procure them in a timely manner.
- Identify the needs and requirements of the recreational programs and coordinate completion accordingly.
- In charge for maintenance of records, invoices and files of recreational programs in a proper manner.
- Supervise all the staff members involved in the management of recreational programs and ensure every staff fulfills responsibilities appropriately.
- Maintain proper relations with both internal staff members as well as external clients for ensuring smooth process for the recreational programs that are organized.
- Be responsible for all the complaints that crop up during organizing the event and resolve them in a timely and amicable manner.
- Coordinate all the activities that involve communicating with external agencies so that there is proper coordination of routine work activities.
- Ensure to promote the recreational programs conducted by undertaking advertising and promotional activities on behalf of the organization.
- Provide training and guidance to recreational program staff which helps the organization in the long run.