A real estate legal assistant is responsible for preparing agreements and affidavits, coordinating with landlords, promoters, buyers, housing managers, managing contracts and all other legal documents, reviewing amendments and conducting research etc. They are required to know every aspect of law and legal procedure related to real estate. A real estate legal assistant should have good written & oral communication skills.
They should have knowledge of computers and should be thorough with legal codes, government regulations, court procedures etc. They should have good organizational skills and they need to have administrative skills such as knowledge in word processing software, good typing speed as they need to perform a wide variety of duties such as filing documents, keeping records, managing contacts and answering calls.
Real Estate Legal Assistant Job Duties
- Real estate legal assistants are responsible for preparing contracts for sale or purchase of a property.
- Real estate legal assistants handle all the paperwork related to property matter.
- Real estate legal assistants are responsible for drafting mails to clients, dealers, contractors etc.
- Real estate legal assistants prepare deeds & agreements related to the properties.
- Real estate legal assistants need to examine property related proposals submitted by a party, and need to determine whether it is beneficial or not.
- Real estate legal assistants are responsible for advising their clients on property investments, they study all aspects of the deal and advice accordingly.
- Real estate legal assistants need to handle matters like property insurance, sale of property, property dispute and mortgage.
- They are responsible for overseeing matters related to property tax and registration etc.
- Real estate legal assistants are responsible for drafting complaints, handling matters such as breach of contract, breach of easement rights etc on behalf of their clients or the organization they are with.