Quality Assurance Analyst job duties include assessing and testing software programs as well as software development processes. He is involved in setting the quality standards and also revising the existing ones, if required. Quality Assurance Analyst must have a good working knowledge about the various software programs in order to carry out his tasks efficiently.
Quality Assurance Analyst Job Duties
- Quality Assurance Analyst is required to test new as well as existing software programs.
- Quality Assurance Analyst is involved in preparing as well as testing the software development procedures that are designed to check whether the programs are functioning as per the user requirement or not.
- Quality Assurance Analyst is involved in writing the quality standards as well as revising them from time to time.
- Quality Assurance Analyst is required to test the program design to figure out whether it is good enough to achieve the desired software quality.
- Quality Assurance Analyst needs to review the flow chart and documentation diagram to find out whether the program will run as per the user requirement. This is also reviewed to ensure that the program has been designed as per the guidelines set by the company.
- Quality Assurance Analyst is required to give feedback to the programmers and other professionals after conducting the quality assurance tests.
- Quality Assurance Analyst needs to suggest changes in the program and ensure that the programmers work upon making these changes.
- Quality Assurance Analyst is required to assess the processing errors in the programs designed by the programmers.
- Quality Assurance Analyst needs to key in the instructions into the computer for testing the program for the validity of accuracy, consistency and conformity with standards.
- Quality Assurance Analyst is required to monitor the computer screen while the program testing is going on in order to figure out the error codes.