Purchasing Executive Job Duties include helping in carrying out the tasks of the purchasing department, dealing with the suppliers for getting the purchase orders processed, observing the market conditions for analyzing the stock purchase and ensuring that all the purchases are done as per the set guidelines. Apart from this, he is involved in carrying out a number of other tasks as well which are discussed below in detail.
Candidate aspiring for this position are recommended to pursue a degree in Supply Chain Management. Employers also prefer hiring candidates having a relevant work experience. It is also essential to have good communication skills and the ability to deal with different kinds of people in order to get into this position.
Purchasing Executive Job Duties
- Purchasing Executive is required to provide assistance to the Purchasing Manager in carrying out various tasks.
- Purchasing Executive is involved in training the newly hired purchasing staff. He may also train the existing staff members on various things, if required.
- Purchasing Executive needs to put the purchase orders in processing by coordinating with the dealers and suppliers.
- Purchasing Executive is required to observe the market trends while deciding the stock purchase.
- Purchasing Executive is required to check the present stock levels, the potential increase in the rates of various goods and materials, requirement of the clients and various other things at the time of planning a purchase.
- Purchasing Executive needs to see to it that all the purchases are done as per the company norms.
- Purchasing Executive is required to understand the company’s budget and look for a supplier who can provide the goods and services within the given budget.
- Purchasing Executive needs to conduct meetings with different suppliers in an attempt to find out the best possible deal.
- Purchasing Executive is required to see to it that the paper work related to the supplies is complete.