Purchasing Clerk Job Duties include preparing and maintaining a process of placing order for purchasing material and equipment. He is required to coordinate with different departments to find out their requirements for supplies, is involved in setting up the budget guidelines, needs to raise the invoice for the purchases done and handle a number of other tasks. One may acquire this position if he has a graduation degree.
The degree may be in any subject; there is no specific degree course required for the same. However, one must have an analytical mind, the ability to coordinate with different departments and handle the paper work efficiently in order to get into this position.
Purchasing Clerk Job Duties
- Purchasing Clerk is required to prepare processes for purchasing goods and material and implement these processes.
- Purchasing Clerk needs to see to it that the supplies received are in proper working condition. In case of perishable items he needs to check the expiration dates.
- Purchasing Clerk is required to speak with the supply representatives of different departments to find out the requirement for different materials.
- Purchasing Clerk needs to understand the company’s budget and ensure that the goods are purchased accordingly.
- Purchasing Clerk may discuss the requirement for increasing the budget, if needed.
- Purchasing Clerk is required to coordinate with the accounts department to get the invoices cleared.
- Purchasing Clerk is required to go through the invoices received from the suppliers and check if there is any discrepancy in the same.
- Purchasing Clerk needs to ensure that all the paper work and other written formalities related to the purchase of goods are complete.
- Purchasing Clerk is required to maintain a record of the goods and material purchased from different dealers/ suppliers.
- Purchasing Clerk needs to give written confirmation about the receiving of the goods to the suppliers/ dealers.