Public Health Nurse Job Duties include offering nursing related services to community by planning and implementing clinic programs and giving home visits. They may be associated with individuals and groups and promote healthy living in the community they are assigned to take care of.
These professionals are required to handle a number of other small and big tasks during the course of giving home visits and educating the individuals on following healthy habits. Candidates aspiring to get into the position of a public health nurse should a diploma or degree in nursing. One must also have a certification in community health nursing in order to practice this profession.
Public Health Nurse Job Duties
- Public Health Nurse is required to pay home visits and understand the health issues of individuals.
- Public Health Nurse is required to conduct physical assessment of the individuals on visiting their homes.
- Public Health Nurse is required to instruct individuals on following healthy habits.
- Public Health Nurse needs to inquire about the individual’s medical history and suggest him ways to cope up with health problems.
- Public Health Nurse may prescribe medicines to the individuals if they are suffering from any health related problem.
- Public Health Nurse is required to prepare medical record of the individuals they have examined keying in details about their medical condition.
- Public Health Nurse needs to check the individual’s blood pressure, body temperature weight and other vital statistics.
- Public Health Nurse is required to inculcate healthy eating habits in the public.
- Public Health Nurse needs to be a part of the public health camps organized by different community groups or may even be involved in organizing public health camps in association with these groups.
- Public Health Nurse is involved in preparing public health care plans and implementing them.
- Public Health Nurse may be required to provide information about patient care, nursing, etc to the healthcare staff working under them.