A property accountant has a major role to play in the real estate industry. The candidate has many job duties to fulfill which requires skill, expertise and experience as well. The property accountant is responsible for taking care of all the property related financial matters and reports on a regular basis. The candidate should be a certified accountant to become eligible for this position.
Property Accountant Job Duties
- The property account has to prepare the weekly sales report for the number of converted property transactions of the company and submit to the top management for review.
- The candidate has to prepare even the operations analysis report on a weekly basis in order to check the work progress of the projects being undertaken by the company.
- Prepare journal and ledger entries for all the financial transactions related to the company real estate projects on a daily basis which effectively provides the cost analysis for the projects.
- Reconcile all the project transactions every day including petty cash and other major expenses which have an impact on the overall success of the real estate projects of the company.
- Conducting and managing proper entry of data into respective heads by self and other team members as well.
- Prepare and file sales tax report and returns with the concerned authority according to the time frame specified by the authority.
- Prepare year end and financial statement of the company turnover and all other key financial parameters for detailed analysis by the management.
- Prepare and conduct financial and regulatory audit of all accounting transactions in order to prevent embezzlement of funds of the company.
- The property accountant also has the duty of making sure that all regulatory compliances with regard to the functioning of the real estate frame work stipulated by the government department are complied without any deviation.