A production manager is essentially responsible for coordinating, planning and controlling manufacturing processes. Production managers are responsible for efficient production of goods and services. They ensure that the correct amount is produced at the right cost maintaining a standard level of quality. Production managers should be dynamic and self motivating. They should be excellent communicators and be able to handle situations even under intense pressure. Read below to know the production manager job duties.
Production Manager Job Duties:
- Multitasking and possessing the ability to collaborate and adapt to the working situations and customer requirements.
- Drawing up a production schedule and supervising the production process to ensure that the production is cost effective and quality is maintained.
- Drafting a timescale for the job to make sure that the products are produced on time and also implementing quality control programs.
- Estimating the cost of production and setting a standard for the quality and ensuring that the standard is adhered to.
- Planning out the human and material resources needed and taking responsibility for both material equipments and human resources hired.
- Liaising among different departments like managers, suppliers and working with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Establishing group and individual responsibilities across assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction both on permanent and ad-hoc basis depending on need.
- Supervising the team of workers and motivating them to work efficiently, by encouraging adoption of new techniques so as to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensuring that proper work environment is provided to the workers and safety guidelines are followed and adhered to.
- Monitoring and reviewing the worker performances and identifying training needs accordingly, wherever necessary.
- Maintaining a positive department and attitude and ensure that all the employees are aligned with the company goals.
- Developing and managing an automated workflow system that amalgamates order entry, prepress, digital and print production.
- Recognize superior quality jobs by approving extraordinary and exceptional jobs and specifications.