Piping Engineer Job Duties include designing pipes, selecting pipe material, checking loopholes and defects in the pipelines and working on rectifying them. It is essential to have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering in order to get into this position. Most employers prefer candidates having a relevant work experience in this field.
Piping Engineer Job Duties
- Piping Engineers are required to select designs for the pipes and prepare them accordingly seeking help from other departments.
- Piping Engineers supervises and guides the piping team to accomplish various piping tasks.
- Piping Engineers need to understand the budget set by their clients and work accordingly.
- Piping Engineers need to ensure quality work for their clients.
- Piping Engineers need to work as per the timelines set by the clients; they need to ensure timely completion of work.
- Piping Engineers need to select piping material.
- Piping Engineers need to check the quality of the pipelines by conducting stress analysis.
- Piping Engineers need to ensure the implementation of piping discipline activities.
- Piping Engineers need to prepare a layout of the plant and share it with the client before starting with the work.
- Piping Engineers need to ensure that the work is being done as per the piping standards and the instructions given for the piping design.
- Piping Engineers need to evaluate and control the piping procedures.
- Piping Engineers who are experienced in this field may provide training to those who have joined recently at this position.
- Piping Engineers need to seek help from technical team in order to carry out various tasks.