Physical Therapy Technicians work under the guidance of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals and assist them in taking care of the patients through various physical therapies. Their job profile involves a number of tasks and one needs to have a relevant educational qualification in order to handle these tasks efficiently. A prior work experience in the same is an added advantage.
Physical Therapy Technician Job Duties
- Physical Therapy Technicians must ensure a clean and healthy environment. This is done by keeping the work area clean and organized.
- They possess knowledge about the use of various clinical equipments and ensure that these equipments are disinfected appropriately after use in order to avoid any kind of infection.
- They assist the patients in physical exercise. It is their duty to motivate the patients to follow a regular exercise routine.
- They guide the patients about taking medications.
- Physical Therapy Technicians help the patients in going to the treatment areas and getting back to their ward.
- They monitor and evaluate the patient’s condition and discuss the same with the doctors.
- They are required to keep records of the treatment being given to the patients and the equipments used while giving the treatments.
- They must also familiarize the patients with the therapy equipments and their use so that the patient feels at ease during therapy sessions.
- Their duties also include performing various clerical tasks such as taking and maintaining the inventory, keeping a check on the supplies and ordering the necessary items.
- They are constantly in touch with the patient’s family and inform them about the patient’s health conditions.