Pharmacy Technician Duties
As a pharmacy technician your primary job duties would be to receive the requests for prescription on behalf of the patients. While making the prescription, you must keep certain tasks in your mind. These include weighing and pouring the tablets and the medicines and you are also expected to mix the medicines properly. Prescription labels are needed to be created after all the necessary steps are followed.
Duties of a Pharmacy Technician
- You will have to accomplish various jobs that comprises of both administrative and medicinal duties.
- While preparing prescription orders you should always count, pour, measure and weigh up medicines and tablets accurately.
- After mixing the prescribed medications do not forget to pour them in a suitable container and create prescription label as well.
- Once the prescription is filled, the pharmacy technician prices and files it.
- Your duties as a Pharmacy Technician extends to the daily operation of the pharmacy too, where you will have to interact with hospital staffs and patients too.
- You need to prepare insurance claim forms
- Among non-medication-related duties you will also maintain patient profiles
- Complete cash register transactions
- Answering phone calls would be one of your regular work
- Take records of over-the-counter medications
- Be aware of the most up-to-date medicines and their availability