Pharmacy Clerk Job Duties include talking to the clients and referring them to the pharmacists, if required. He may be required to assist one or more pharmacist at a time. A pharmacy clerk is required to handle a number of other job duties which are mentioned below in detail. Apart from having knowledge about this field, in order to get into this position one requires to have good listening skills, the ability to communicate his point well and the willingness to provide proper assistance to the clients.
Pharmacy Clerk Job Duties
- Pharmacy Clerk is required to answer the phone calls received from existing as well as prospective clients and provide them the required information.
- Pharmacy Clerk needs to direct the phone calls to the pharmacists if they are not able to handle the caller’s queries on their own.
- Pharmacy Clerk is required to clean and maintain the equipments used by the pharmacists.
- Pharmacy Clerk needs to clean the work area and ensure that everything is kept at place.
- Pharmacy Clerk is required to take the prescriptions and fill them with all the essential information.
- Pharmacy Clerk needs to ensure that the required stock is available at the store or company he is working with.
- Pharmacy Clerk needs to perform various clerical works likes maintaining the records of the prescriptions, interactions had with the clients, deals made with the suppliers, etc.
- Pharmacy Clerk is required to handle the cash register for processing the cash/ credit sales.
- Pharmacy Clerk needs to receive and store the medicines and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Pharmacy Clerk is required to deal with the customers and provide them the required medicines and other merchandise.
- Pharmacy Clerk is required to count the packages received from the suppliers before signing on the receipt.
- Pharmacy Clerk needs to ensure that the required paper work is done for every dealing and transaction.