Personal Banker job duties include assisting the clients visiting the bank branch with various account and finance related services, maintaining cordial relations with the clients, coordinating with other banking staff members in carrying out several banking related tasks, etc.
Personal Banker is also required to handle a number of other tasks apart from the ones mentioned here; these are mentioned below in detail. It is essential to have a degree in accounting or finance in order to become a personal banker. A number of banks also ask for some relevant work experience from the candidates applying for this position.
Personal Banker Job Duties
- Personal Banker is required to meet the clients who walk in to the bank branch and assist them with account related or other financial services.
- Personal Banker also needs to attend the clients over the phones or via email and provide them the required banking related information.
- Personal Banker is required to provide information related to opening bank account to the clients.
- Personal Banker needs to give information related to acquiring loan and other financial services to the clients.
- Personal Banker is required to provide information related to the balance and other details of the client’s bank accounts.
- Personal Banker needs to give information related to various banking procedures to the clients.
- Personal Banker needs to proactively sell the bank’s products and services to the clients.
- Personal Banker is required to stay updated with any new scheme or offer launched on the banking products and share this information with the clients.
- Personal Banker needs to be thorough with various banking services being offered by the bank.
- Personal Banker is required to maintain a record of the clients visiting the bank for different services.
- Personal Banker needs to work in coordination with the other staff members at the bank.